mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alan Said <Alan.S...@dai-labor.de>
Subject RE: org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:40:11 GMT
Solved it, had an whitespace at the end of the path ;)

/A

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Schelter [mailto:ssc@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:25 AM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob

Hi Alan,

can you try to specify the full path to the input directory? You should
also be able to omit the full classname and use bin/mahout
recommenditembased instead.

You could also try to manually start the hadoop job like this:

hadoop jar<path_to_job-jar>  org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob --output
useroutput -n 10 --usersFile users_test.txt -s SIMILARITY_PEARSON_CORRELATION --input userdata/

--sebastian

On 18.11.2010 11:16, Alan Said wrote:
> Hi all,
> While trying to run the example from https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Itembased+Collaborative+Filtering
>
> With the following command
> bin/mahout org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob --output useroutput
-n 10 --usersFile users_test.txt -s SIMILARITY_PEARSON_CORRELATION --input userdata/

> I keep getting this error:
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException:
Input path does not exist: userdata/