mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alan Said <Alan.S...@dai-labor.de>
Subject org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:16:54 GMT
Hi all,
While trying to run the example from https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Itembased+Collaborative+Filtering

With the following command
bin/mahout org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob --output useroutput -n 10
--usersFile users_test.txt -s SIMILARITY_PEARSON_CORRELATION --input userdata/

I keep getting this error:
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input
path does not exist: userdata/

I've tried all kinds of path combinations, still same error.

Another weird thing is if I put --input userdata/ as the first argument I get
Unexpected usage: <command> [Generic Options] [Job-Specific Options]

I'm obviously missing something, so any help would be appreciated.

/Alan
--
M.Sc.(Eng.) Alan Said