mahout-user mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bayes Question.
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:11:50 GMT
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 JAGANADH G <jaganadhg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Or is it enough to train with either of good or bad.?
>
> It will be something like train a person to identify 'sweet' by giving
> 'salt' as sample

There are some domains where it may make sense to formulate a task as
one-class classification problem. E.g. looking at time series data one
might want to train a model to identify "normal" behaviour from
positive data only.

Though it is possible to come up with algorithms for this so-called
one-class classification problem*, I am not aware of any implementation
in Mahout.

Isabel

* For instance see "One-Class SVMs for Document Classification" by
  Larry m. Manevits and Malik Yousef for some references and comparison.