mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Divya" <di...@k2associates.com.sg>
Subject RE: NPE in bayes wiki example
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:26:17 GMT
Hi,

I apologize for my words if its hurt any of the community people.
As I am new bee to Mahout and in this data mining field also.
I have been facing pressure in my job made me to do so.
I have been using  Apache community like Ofbiz,apache server etc..

I am very thankful to the community as it helped me understanding all these technological
things since I was fresher.
Now includes Mahout and machine learning.

I would thank each and every person who is part of this community from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Divya

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Dunning [mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:31 AM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: NPE in bayes wiki example

I suspect that this is because you seem to be posting without details about
what you are doing and seem to be running into issues that are addressed by
the standard documentation or asking questions that have been answered many
times before on the mailing list.

All of the people answering your emails are volunteers and only answer in
order to make the Mahout community work better.  In order to encourage them
to help you, you have to demonstrate that you are not just asking them to do
everything for you.

The Mahout community is very friendly and helpful generally, so it is not a
comfortable thing to give very direct feedback like this.  We would love to
help, but you need to make it easy to do.  Research the problem yourself.
 Look for old questions similar to yours.  Check the documentation.  Provide
lots of information about which platform you are using, what commands you
are running and so on.  Read your own emails before you send them and
imagine you are trying to replicate your test from one of those emails.  Is
there enough information in the email to do this?  If not, add that
information.