mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Divya" <di...@k2associates.com.sg>
Subject RE: NPE while running testclassifier
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 01:27:32 GMT
Hi,
Even I am getting the same error as Siddharth for Testclassifier.

I have followed the steps given in
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/wikipedia-bayes-example.html
I am ruuning Mahout-0.4 on windows m/c using JDK 1.6.

$bin/mahout testclassifier -m
D:/mahout-0.4/examples/bin/work/wikipedia/wikipediaClassification/wikipediao
utput -d D:/mahout-0.4/examp
les/bin/work/wikipedia/wikipediaClassification/wikipediainput
Running on hadoop, using HADOOP_HOME=C:\cygwin\home\Divya\hadoop-0.20.2
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=C:\cygwin\home\Divya\hadoop-0.20.2\conf
10/11/19 09:14:44 INFO bayes.TestClassifier: Loading model from:
{basePath=D/mahout-0.4/examples/bin/work/wikipedia/wikipediaClassifica
tion/wikipediaoutput, classifierType=bayes, alpha_i=1.0, dataSource=hdfs,
gramSize=1, verbose=false, encoding=UTF-8, defaultCat=unknown
,
testDirPath=D:/mahout-0.4/examples/bin/work/wikipedia/wikipediaClassificatio
n/wikipediainput}
10/11/19 09:14:44 INFO bayes.TestClassifier: Testing Bayes Classifier
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.ConfusionMatrix.getCount(ConfusionMatrix.java:1
02)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.ConfusionMatrix.incrementCount(ConfusionMatrix.
java:118)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.ConfusionMatrix.incrementCount(ConfusionMatrix.
java:122)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.ConfusionMatrix.addInstance(ConfusionMatrix.jav
a:90)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.ResultAnalyzer.addInstance(ResultAnalyzer.java:
68)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.TestClassifier.classifySequential(TestCla
ssifier.java:266)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.TestClassifier.main(TestClassifier.java:1
86)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver
.java:68)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
        at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:184)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)

@Siddharth  - Are you able to resolve your error.
I have observed that in  wikipediamodel it places file inside
trainer-tfIdf\trainer-tfIdf
Can any one point me why nested folders for trainer-tfIdf.

Thanks
Regards,
Divya