mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order-based evalution of recommenders
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 02:51:34 GMT
Yes. One algorithm is this:
Given two recommenders using the same data model, request the same
list of user-item prefs.
The two lists have to have the same symbols, just in a different order.

This order-comparing evaluator runs the algorithm against the two
symbol sequences. So, if they both return the same results in a
similar order, the algorithm evaluates the amount of difference. The
smaller the better.

If I have three "reference" recommenders that have small deltas
against each other, and my recommender has a large delta against all
of them, then my recommender is having problems.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com