mahout-user mailing list archives

From Steven Bourke <sbou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ease of recommendation for a user
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:05:52 GMT
It's always worth considering that a model does not reflect the true nature
of your recommendation. You can't really measure good serendipity or
diversity. You could possibly look at the quality of the users neighborhood
when generating the recommendation. i.e is their a good level of similarity
between the users or is it quite low. If its quite low, in theory the
recommendations are probably not going to be great given the sparsity of
overlap.

Couple of good starting points here on scholar.
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=recommendation+sparse+data&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ws