mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recommender system implementations
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:41:43 GMT
Hi Lance,

When evaluating a recommender you should split your dataset in a
training and test part. Only data from the training part should be
included in your DataModel and you only measure the accuracy of
predicting  ratings that are included in the test part (which is not
known by your recommender). If you structure things this way, the
current implementation should work fine for you.

--sebastian