mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PlusAnonymousUserDataModel usage?
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:35:07 GMT
I conflated the idea of an "anonymous" user and the ability to do this
query: "suppose I like these 3 movies and hate these 2, what do you
suggest?" without rebuilding the data structures. Is this what
"anonymous" means, or is it something more internal?

The DataModel API lets me add and remove prefs between users and items
that are already in the data model. I can build a data model with an
extra user that can be poked at will, and in this way I can lock the
recommender, set some prefs and make a query, then remove the prefs and
release the recommender.

Are all data models obliged to honor this contract of continuous
mutability? Are they allowed to require a batch data rebuild for any
change in a user's prefs?