mahout-user mailing list archives

From rmx <ruimax...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tranforming data for k-means analysis
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:17:52 GMT

Hi Radek,

If you do not want to use the script, you can run the kmeans drive directly
from the command line.
I think first you need to convert your dataset to a mahout vector format.
Then you need to convert to sequence file format. Only after it you can run
the driver over your sequence file.
I have been trying to do this but I never been successful. Tell me if you
will...

Jeff: when using kmeans drive from the command line with a -k value, you
need to use RandomSeedGenerator.buildRandom()? I thought the driver already
does it.

Best,
Rui