mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recommendations
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:37:11 GMT
Yes, this is a simpler problem. You just want to find which items are
most similar to a given item, for some definition of 'similar'.
GenericItemBasedRecommender has a mostSimilarItems() method that just
saves you the trouble of computing this by hand, and any
ItemSimiliarity function you like can be used.