mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Ipkiss <saurabhnan...@gmail.com>
Subject Initializing log4j for running RecommenderJob on AWS EMR
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:45:38 GMT

When I run the RecommenderJob on AWS EMR(Elastic MapReduce), I get the
following message in the stderr file -

(org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration).

It will be great if someone could help me with how to initialize the log4j
system properly. On googling, I found only one useful link -
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@lucene.apache.org/msg05744.html

But, I still do not know where the log4j.properties file is? Could someone
give me a more elaborate explanation for the procedure to see the log files
or how to initialize log4j?

Thanks!