mahout-user mailing list archives

From Akshay Bhat <akshayub...@gmail.com>
Subject Format used for SVD algorithm in Mahout
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:27:01 GMT
I am trying to implement a mahout interface for Divisi
http://csc.media.mit.edu/divisi
<http://csc.media.mit.edu/divisi> [Divisi uses svdlibc which implements the
same algorithm]

    However I could not find the format used to represent the sparse matrix.
The wiki has a page on converting arrf files to vectors, but I am
unsure how to represent the sparse matrix using arrf format.

I have triples [ rowindex columnindex value ]
which represent each nonzero value in the matrix.
how can i convert this into format acceptable to mahout.

Thanks
--
Akshay Uday Bhat.
Graduate Student, Computer Science, Cornell University