mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject SVD Memory Reqs
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:09:40 GMT
Anyone have guidelines on needed heap size when running SVD?  I've done a couple of fairly
long runs on my single machine and keep running out of mem. fairly deep into the run.  Before
I increase the heap size for the 4th time, I figured I'd see if it is even going to fit into
memory at all.

My matrix is ~ 130,000 x 62,000 and I have 4GB total on my machine.  I'm running this locally
for now as a first step in scaling it out.

Here's my command:  ./mahout svd -Dmapred.input.dir=/tmp/solr-clust-n2/part-out.vec --numCols
61892 --tempDir /tmp/solr-clust-n2-svd --rank 1000 --numRows 129444

Thanks,
Grant