mahout-user mailing list archives

From Young <woshidus...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: Precomputation
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 17:53:22 GMT
Thanks for your reply. There are about 1 million items in these website and now the users are
expected to be 100,000. Is there any problem if I do not do any pre-computation?

>The simplest thing to do is compute on-line, in real time, unless you
>have a reason to do something harder and more complex. And that reason
>would probably be scale. How big are we talking?
>
>There are some links here:
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Recommender+Documentation
>
>though they may not pertain to the question of doing it online or offline.
>
>2010/7/3 Young <woshidustin@126.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I am currently working on building a recommendation engine for one business website.
I am holding 3 tables, --"favorite items table", "rated items table" and "purchased items
tables".
>> I want to give recommendations based on browsing history. I am new to this field
and I do not know which should I pre-compute offline and which should be computed online.