mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Amit Kolhe" <am...@techepoch.com>
Subject RE: Getting error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering example
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 04:38:24 GMT

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for response.

I am using version 0.3 not trunk.
Job name is KMean...
bin/hadoop jar
$MAHOUT_HOME/examples/target/mahout-examples-$MAHOUT_VERSION.job
org.apache.mahout.clustering.syntheticcontrol.kmeans.Job
right now using hadoop-0.19.0 on single node.
Meantime will try out trunk version too..

Regards,
Amit

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Eastman [mailto:jdog@windwardsolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:44 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering
example

Hi Amit,

Can you please provide more information? What version (0.3 or trunk)?
Which Job (Canopy and KMeans both use Canopy)? What is your command line
invocation? What is your hardware configuration (Hadoop (cluster size),
stand-alone)? Have you verified the data file is in examples/testdata?

I've just run both Canopy and KMeans from trunk stand-alone without error.

Jeff

On 7/8/10 5:36 AM, Amit Kolhe wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am getting below error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering
> example.

> attempt_201007081615_0014_m_000001_0, Status : FAILED
>
> org.apache.mahout.math.CardinalityException: My cardinality is: 0, but the
> other is: 60
>
>    at

org.apache.mahout.math.RandomAccessSparseVector.dot(RandomAccessSparseVector
> .java:275)
>
>    at

org.apache.mahout.common.distance.SquaredEuclideanDistanceMeasure.distance(S
> quaredEuclideanDistanceMeasure.java:57)
>
>    at

org.apache.mahout.common.distance.EuclideanDistanceMeasure.distance(Euclidea
> nDistanceMeasure.java:39)
>
>    at

org.apache.mahout.clustering.canopy.CanopyClusterer.addPointToCanopies(Canop