mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : Reg: Maximum Split size in Random Forest
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:01:25 GMT
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Karan Jindal <
karan_jindal@students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi jake,
>
> I am assuming that by hitting u mean calling that function
> Reporter.progress(). But in which part the code this function needs to be
> called?

Inside the map() method of your Mapper, you will have a reference to a
Reporter
instance (call it 'rep') - calling rep.progress() once per map() method
invocation
should be more than enough, unless you iterate many many times inside
of one map() invocation.

  -jake