mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Big Longs in RecommenderJob
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:46:17 GMT
Really, the mistake here (is mine and) is writing these IDs as signed
values. As used in the recommender bit, the IDs are already
nonnegative longs and so can be written with the current
implementation just fine, if encoded as unsigned.

That is part 2 of what I should change here since it will increase
encoding efficiency a little.