mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Recommender servlet
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 17:23:36 GMT
I was mistaken earlier when I said taste-web depends on examples. It
doesn't, which is good.

So, am I right that you depend on examples because you have explicitly
modified RecommenderServlet to refer to, say, the GroupLens-based code
in mahout-examples? That's fine, but yes it means you have to express
the dependency in order to build.

I think you are doing it right, except that the artifactId / module
name is 'mahout-examples' instead of 'examples'. How about that? (and
it's "org" not "Org").

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Eleftherios Spyromitros Xioufis
<espyromi@csd.auth.gr> wrote:
> Thanks again for the answer. I am not familiar with maven and I find it difficult to
understand how mahout is built. But I am trying hard..
> I found the pom.xml file in taste-web folder and tried to modify it, in order to add
the missing dependency but I am most probably doing it the wrong way.

> I tried to add this dependency:
>
> <dependency>
>  <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
>  <artifactId>examples</artifactId>
>  <version>${project.version}</version>
>  </dependency>
>
> But the command mvn jetty:run-war still fails with the following message:
>
> Missing:
> Org.apache.mahout:examples:jar:0.3
>
> I suppose that I have placed wrong values in groupID and artifactId tags..
> Can you please tell me what values should I use in order to add the examples package
as a dependency in the recommenderservlet class?