mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Mahout LDA Parameter: maxIter
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 17:29:45 GMT
I agree it is not very friendly. Impossible to tell the correct value in
the options section processing. It needs to be >= than the actual number
of unique terms in the corpus and that is hard to anticipate though I
think it is known in seq2sparse. If it turns out to be the dictionary
size (I'm investigating), then it could be computed by adding a
dictionary path argument instead of the current option. Trouble with
that is the dictionary is not needed for anything else by LDA.