mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M/R Job for Log file to FPG
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 21:25:05 GMT
Cool, glad I asked.  It's almost what I want and good enough for now.  However, what if I have
multiple matching groups in my regex?  I was thinking it would be nice to take in a list of
the matching groups to include and then iterate over them and append by the separator.

On May 27, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Robin Anil wrote:

> fpg uses regex to split. Just add another option for using the regex
> to match instead of splitting. Less work I guess
>

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to take a bunch of logs and extract a bit of each line and then put them
into format for FPG.  Was thinking a simple M/R job that took in a regex would suffice and
then output in the format for FPG.  Is that generally useful or am I missing something obvious?
 I want to do FPG on my query logs and it seems like a generally useful conversion.  I suppose,
in fact, it isn't even log specific.