mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri O.Kondratiev" <doko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Function approximation in Mahout?
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:02:16 GMT
I have 165000 observations. Each observation is 180 component vector. One
component in this vector is an integer in range from 0 to 200.

Every vector is constructed from sensor readings taken at 180 consecutive
times.
Readings may fail at some unpredictable times, thus some vector components
may be undefined.
40% - 60% of random vector components may be undefined in every vector.

I am trying to find an approximation function that will allow me to predict
sensor reading at any time. There may be different correlations between some
of these vectors.
In fact these sensors read traffic speed on different streets of a big city
during a period of a month.

What other methods for prediction with incomplete data can be used for the
task I described?

Thanks!