mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tolga Oral <tolga.o...@gmail.com>
Subject Feedback on provided recommendations
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:27:42 GMT
We are building a system on top of provided recommendations allowing user to
provide feedback. I have a question on how to apply the negative feedback
for both boolean and none boolean scores.

Assuming its a boolean item (item with no score), I cant see how we can
provide negative feedback for a given recommendation. Does this mean we
should convert our boolean items to a score of 1 and give score of -1 (or 0)
for recommendations that user didnt like?

This applies to items with score too I am not sure if the correct way of
going about this is to provide 0 or a negative value.

Thank you.