mahout-user mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <drew.far...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help needed to build mahout in eclipse
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:52:26 GMT
I usually work around this by switching the JRE system library used to
build these projects from 1.5 to 1.6 -

properties -> java build path -> libraries

Click on the JRE System library, edit and switch it to JavaSE-1.6. 1.6
for both mahout math and collections.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Zhongming cai <caizjh@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Maven and mahout and I am try to follow the notes at http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/buildingmahout.html
to build mahout in eclipse.

> I included maths and collections modules,  and manually added /target/generate-sources
folder to the build path for collections module by navigating to property->java build path
-> source ->add folder.

> But the collections module does not compile with the following errors.
>

> The method add(Object) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override a superclass method
   OpenHashSet.java    /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org

> The method addAll(Collection<? extends T>) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override
a superclass method    OpenHashSet.java    /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/math/set

> The method addAllOf(ByteArrayList) of type AbstractByteList must override a superclass
method    AbstractByteList.java    /mahout-collections/target/generated-sources/org/apache/mahout/math/list