mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sergio <ser...@jovenclub.cu>
Subject Re: Problems installing Mahout
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:45:54 GMT
Sean Owen <srowen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It must be "es" or "es-cu" which is entirely correct for someone in
> Cuba. Somewhere we're relying on locale specific formatting of
> decimals, and expecting the convention used in the US and UK: 1,234.56
> ; but this locale formats as 1.234,56. The bug is in relying on this
> behavior, which does vary with locale legitimately.

Exactly, so the decimals are treated here.
I try using

export MAVEN_OPTS = "-Xmx1024m-Duser.language Duser.region = = en-us"
 and got the same result

Excuse me .. so insistently I'm doing my thesis, and I'm a little depressed
since I need to start writing code for the system I entrgar recommendation.

Regards Sergio