mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation Help
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:08:25 GMT
It's not Mahout, it's Hadoop really. Some of Mahout does not need
Hadoop. In fact most of the recommender engine code is not based on
Hadoop at the moment.

I don't know of anyone using Mahout with Windows though, no. I think
all the devs are Mac / Linux users.

If you get into Cygwin, pretty soon you will just buy a Mac for development :)