mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current state of (dense) matrix multiplication?
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:53:29 GMT
Vimal,

We don't have any distributed dense multiplication operations because we
have not yet found much application demand for distributed dense matrix
multiplication.  Distributed sparse matrix operations are a big deal,
however.

If you are interested in working on the problem in the context of Mahout, we
would love to help.  This is especially true if you have an application that
needs dense operations and could benefit from some of the other capabilities
in Mahout.