mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workload with highly variable execution time
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:38:58 GMT
(I can tell you the recommender bits are pretty steady and
predictable, so maybe not your best bet.)

This may be too dumb but if your goal is to run a mapper/reducer that
takes a long time sometimes, just have then run a mapper that sleeps a
long time some times? a random number of milliseconds with wide range?