mahout-user mailing list archives

From Zhongming cai <cai...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject help needed to build mahout in eclipse
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:23:06 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Maven and mahout and I am try to follow the notes at http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/buildingmahout.html
to build mahout in eclipse.

I included maths and collections modules,  and manually added /target/generate-sources folder
to the build path for collections module by navigating to property->java build path ->
source ->add folder.

But the collections module does not compile with the following errors.

The method add(Object) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override a superclass method    OpenHashSet.java
   /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org

The method addAll(Collection<? extends T>) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override
a superclass method    OpenHashSet.java    /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/math/set

The method addAllOf(ByteArrayList) of type AbstractByteList must override a superclass method
   AbstractByteList.java    /mahout-collections/target/generated-sources/org/apache/mahout/math/list

Also, if I run Maven build/install/etc from eclipse Run As menu, it complains missing settings.xml
file.

Am I missing anthing here, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Zhongming Cai