mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Suggestions for best approach to classic document clustering
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:04:17 GMT
Hi all,

Give the code currently in Mahout (+ Lucene), is there a generally
accepted best approach for clustering of documents?

Assumptions are small document sets (e.g. a few thousand), with
documents being representative data from web pages, all in English.

I've been fooling around with a few different combinations, e.g. pre-
processing the documents to extract keywords and using these for
clustering w/k-means, canopy, mean-shift canopy.

But before I have too much fun twiddling all the dials, it would be
great to get input on good/bad options.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler