mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Twitter Classification
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:44:11 GMT
Sure.

If you want 1 of n categories, then train a single n-way classifier.

If you want k of n, train n binary classifiers or hack the 1 of n classifier
slightly to remove the soft-max function.

If there are a relatively small number of category combinations, train on
each combination as a 1 of n target.

There are some fancier algorithms that make use of the categorical
combinations, but we don't need to worry about those to start.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve