mahout-user mailing list archives

From Robin Anil <robin.a...@gmail.com>
Subject GSOC 2010 is here
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:50:55 GMT
Greetings! Fellow GSOC alums, administrators and dear mentors, the next
edition is right here. Details are given in the link below.

https://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f

Maybe we could identify key areas in Mahout which we need to develop apart
from the ML implementations and list it down for students to see before they
start trickling in.

Some ideas:
Benchmarking Framework with EC2 wrappers
Commandline Console+Launcher like Hbase and hadoop
Online Tool/Query UI for Algorithms in Mahout(like CF)

Possible ideas(I have no idea what i am talking here but there are nice
problems to solve)
Improvements in Math?
How to tackle management of datasets?
Error Recovery if a job fails?