mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: CardinalityException in DirichletDriver
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:23:28 GMT
Because of its non-deterministic nature, Dirichlet is darn hard to test.
The 2-d tests offer the option of plotting out the points and the models
and eyeballing the result
(http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/dirichlet-process-clustering.html) but
more rigorous testing and higher order problems in general are needed.
There was a student on this list last summer who offered some pointed
suggestions but he did not follow up and I've been under water in a startup.