mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RandomUtils.useTestSeed() - Taste libraries
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:19:37 GMT
It's hard to guarantee since, if you switch in another implementation
that also uses the random number generator, then it will still change
the samples that are taken.

If you're concerned about this I would suggest running tests over more
data, or running more iterations, in order to obtain a more reliable
result. The sampling shouldn't make a significant difference.