mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cluster text docs
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:27:49 GMT
I think you are making a very big (and very wrong) assumption here.

The non-grammaticality of these chunks does not generally adversely affect
topic identification and can actually help it quite a bit.

It is important to avoid "everybody knows" facts in your development at this
point.  Even if everybody you talk to agrees that you don't even need to
look at the data on this topic, you should still be suspicious of strong
statements without data.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve