mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Restricted Boltzmann for clustering
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:55:24 GMT
Prasen,

  I thought the whole point of doing the RBM approach to autoencoders /
dimensional
reduction was to do the stacked approach, since you don't need to do full
convergence
layer by layer, but instead do the layer-by-layer "contrastive divergence"
technique
which Hinton advocates, and then do fine-tuning at the end?  I wouldn't
imagine
you'd get very good relevance on a single layer.

  -jake