mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout and DAO connection
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 02:19:36 GMT
Just to be clear -- item-based recommenders have nothing to do with
switching around and recommending users to items. You talk about
remaking the DataModel for user-based recommendation, but, there's no
need to change the DataModel to switch between a user-based and
item-based algorithm. You switch up the users and item IDs to switch
*between recommending items to users and users to items*.

One key question is: are you passing account IDs to this recommender?
should be, since your user IDs are account IDs in this setup.

No recommendations may be 'correct'. I don't know, depends on the
data. Someone who doesn't have much data or isn't well connected might
get zero recommendations. And they might with a different algorithm.
So far, that sounds possibly correct.