mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recommender on binary data
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 13:48:38 GMT
That sounds like old code then, not the latest version. In fact I am
pretty sure you are right that in older code (probably 0.1) it wasn't
doing what I say.

Update to the latest SVN code, or, keep your eyes peeled for 0.2 which
should be released any day now.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM, James James <recommendersystem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for the reply. In fact, the code I quote comes from the class BooleanUserGenericUserBasedRecommender.
I do not know if that is what you refer to as GenericBooleanPrefBasedRecommender. I could
not find a class by the name GenericBooleanPrefBasedRecommender under org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.

> Thanks again.

just adding up the similarity values that anybody in the neighborhood has to the item. IT
is atucally devided by the totalSimilarity. As result, I think the score is still 1.0. Did
I miss something? See the codes below.
>>  for(User user : theNeighborhood) {if(!user.equals(theUser)) {// See GenericItemBasedRecommender.doEstimatePreference()
tooPreference pref = user.getPreferenceFor(itemID);