mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recommender on binary data
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 07:13:39 GMT
Not sure if I ever asked on this thread: are you using
GenericBooleanPrefUserBasedRecommender? this is the class that alters
GenericUserBasedRecommender with this abused notion of estimated
preference. The code you quote is not from

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:50 AM, James James <recommendersystem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It has been a while since we talked about this topic, but the score returned is not just
adding up the similarity values that anybody in the neighborhood has to the item. IT is atucally
devided by the totalSimilarity. As result, I think the score is still 1.0. Did I miss something?
See the codes below.
>  for(User user : theNeighborhood) {if(!user.equals(theUser)) {// See GenericItemBasedRecommender.doEstimatePreference()
tooPreference pref = user.getPreferenceFor(itemID);