mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste-GenericItemBasedRecommender
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:26:56 GMT
I don't think it is doing more than necessary.  And it is surprisingly fast.

Matrix like computations have lots of surprises.  Even on a single machine,
rearranging the loops can have massive effect on speed.

And, yes, the product A'A is also sparse, although less sparse than A.
Checking for anomalously large values and only keeping those can cause the
filtered A'A to be much more sparse than A.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve