mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sven Boekhoff <s...@boekhoff.info>
Subject Creating Multinomial Random numbers with Mahout
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:04:36 GMT
Hi.

I like to use the Mahout-Library to create multinomial random numbers
(strangely there is no other library available, as far as I know). I
tried several things, but nothing worked, and the documentation was not
very helpful for me (maybe because I'm a Java newbie). My last
sourcecode was:

//import java.util.Random;
//import java.util.Vector;

import org.apache.mahout.clustering.dirichlet.UncommonDistributions;
import org.apache.mahout.matrix.Vector;

public class Main {

         //
http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/javadoc/core/index.html?org/apache/mahout/clustering/dirichlet/UncommonDistributions.html

         Vector probabilities = new Vector();
         /*
         Vector<Float> probabilities = new Vector<Float>();
         probabilities.add((float) 0.1);
         probabilities.add((float) 0.2);
         probabilities.add((float) 0.3);
         probabilities.add((float) 0.4);
         */

         // 100 Messpunkte
         for(int i=0; i<100; i++) {

             UncommonDistributions dist = (UncommonDistributions) new
Object();
             // UncommonDistributions dist = new UncommonDistributions();

             Vector newCoordinates = dist.rMultinom(100, probabilities);

         }

     }

}

I hope somebody can tell me how to use the library in a correct way. I'm
also searching for a library to create (multi-)HyperGeometric random
numbers.

Thanks in advance,

Sven