mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Claudia Grieco" <gri...@crmpa.unisa.it>
Subject problems evaluating item based recommender
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:50:06 GMT
I'm using an old version of mahout (before the big branch of mahout-150) and
the evaluation of my item based recommender done with
GenericRecommenderIRStatsEvaluator doesn't work very well: it always returns
precision 0 and recall 0. I'm using a port of mahout in C# so I can't debug
it properly, but I've seen that the program seems to recommend almost the
same items to everyone and in numerical order (es. 612,613,614.).

What do you think could be the problem?

(anyway, how much do you think it would take to adjust a program to pass
from the old version of mahout to the new one? Is there going to be a stable
new release in the near future?)