mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: R: R: R: R: Problems with evaluator.
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:58:36 GMT
Right, in that case you can pass any threshold less than 1. This will
cause the framework to pick the first "at" items it encounters as
relevant. Since there is no way of differentiating the items, this is
as good as anything. So if you are evaluating precision at 3, it will
pick some 3 items as relevant. Sounds like you already tried passing
Double.NEGATIVE_INFINITY, which is fine. If it is still not giving
results, my other guesses still stand -- low evaluation percentage?
too few preferences per user? I think you need to go in with a
debugger; it's hard to guess more from here. I can tell you for what
it's worth that I am using the same evaluator (in the main Java code
of course) to evaluate results in a similar data set and it appears to
work fine for me. There could be some issue in the port, or perhaps
there was a bug fix since the port happened? I don't remember a bug
fix here in a while but could be missing something.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Claudia Grieco<grieco@crmpa.unisa.it> wrote:
> But since I'm using boolean preference data, all the preferences are relevant (score
1) so they are all erased from the training data: