mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Algorithm (C/C++) ?
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:14:18 GMT
Can you say more about your application?

Mahout is a very young project and is known to be sub-standard in a number
of respects due to youth.  Depending on what you need, it might be
excellent, or seriously deficient (at the moment).  The deficiencies will be
addressed over time, but full disclosure now is important.

Depending on what you need, an on-line learning system like vowpal might be
much better for you.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve