mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Welcome the newest Mahouts!
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:57:51 GMT
I am pleased to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to add Deneche
Abdelhakim, Robin Anil and David Hall as Mahout committers.  Deneche,
Robin and David have all made significant contributions to Mahout in
regards to classification, clustering, evolutionary programming and
general usage and utilities.  Furthermore, all three are or have been
pursuing studies in machine learning at University, so we look for
more great things as well!

I hope you will join me in extending them a warm welcome.  I know I
look forward to working with them and continuing to build on Mahout's
capabilities on our way to a 1.0 release.

Also, it is customary that each new committer take the time to
introduce themselves on the mailing list with a brief bio/background
so we can all better get to know you.

Finally, if you're interested in knowing more about what's involved in
becoming a committer or would simply like to contribute to Mahout, see http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtocontribute.html

  and http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtobecomeacommitter.html.

Congrats to Deneche, Robin and David!

-Grant