mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Reminder: big collaborative filtering change in MAHOUT-151
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:44:52 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-151

I have just attached my first cut at a patch, and it is massive
indeed. This one removes "User", and along the way, attempts to remove
some of the "Boolean" classes as they can kind of be rolled into the
primary implementation.

It compiles, it passes tests. I am still not done digging through the
performance implications. Comments welcome.

I wanted to spam the list again since this will probably break many
user's implementations; it's not backwards-compatible. I also want to
warn that, given the scale of the change, there could be new bugs, and
could be new performance implications which will take a little time to
work through. If you're concerned about this, don't update past the
code as it exists in SVN right now, for a while.