mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with taste.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:52:43 GMT
I have them now. Yes, again Thomas's analysis is correct about why
there are no recommendations from the .txt file. See the previous
messages about what to do.

The other data file has a different issue. All the ratings are the
same. Correlation-based similarity metrics will not work as they
cannot define a similarity in such a case (correlation is undefined).
It will be unable to give recommendations as a result. You need to try
a different metric like TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity.

If that works well, there is a way to make this a lot faster. We can
discuss it next.