mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with taste.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:43:15 GMT
Hmm, I might have guessed there is some file encoding issues, related
to line breaks, since you say copying the file "breaks" it. But that
would explain, I think, why a copy would *work* rather than fail.

One thing to be careful of is that FileDataModel tries to be clever
and allow you to post incremental updates to the data file by placing
similarly-named files in the same directory. How have you named your
files? To rule this out, put the files in separate directories, just
to make sure.

Otherwise perhaps you can send me a sample of the data file or a
sample of your code to see what is going on.