mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException with pseudo/distributed run of KMeans
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:23:19 GMT
I recently had these problems as well.  I noticed that these errors were not
such a big deal in maps, but if they occur with a reduce, the job will
eventually fail.  In my case, I noted that these errors came predominantly
from a single node and so I simply stopped using that node.  I think that
the node had less memory than others or may have been otherwise deficient.

I can't find the discussion on the web about this topic that guided me last
time, but I had the impression that this was related to the general 0.19
malaise.  My problem has not recurred since blacklisting tasks on my weak
node.