mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory and Speed Questions for Item-Based-Recommender
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:56:28 GMT
Yes.

One gotcha is that you generally have to limit document size a bit to get
good performance.  This is not a big deal because document normalization
makes it hard for these documents to be retrieved in any case.  Also, these
are typically not good second order recommendations.  First order
recommendations are the top-40 kinds of things and make poor recommendations
for a bunch of reasons.  Second order recommendations are those that are
based on your history.  They make much better recommendations.